How to Prepare for Each Appointment?
Taking good care of our guests and our staff will continue on as one of our key values. At this time, here is what you can expect when you arrive and throughout your appointment.
- Please arrive only 10 minutes early. *** You will be asked to use hand sanitizer and you are welcome to use it throughout the service or to wash your hands with soap at our washroom basin and then have you wait for your Stylist who will come out to greet you.
- Please no food or beverages
- Please bring debit/credit card including for gratuities as there is NO-CASH handling. (Amex is not accepted).
- Our team receives training on disinfecting/sanitation practices, workplace safety; including Covid 19 Barbicide Certification, IPAC training (Infection Prevention and Control) and WHIMIS training, which includes washing hands/using sanitizer before and after each guest, sanitizing the wash stations, their scissors, their combs, their tools after each use and sanitize their stations and chairs before each client leaves and always continue to use one fresh cape and towel for each guest.
- Our Salons will also be frequently sanitized throughout the day; All used surfaces, such as countertops, door handles, tabletops, chairs, merchant transaction machines, computers, mice, and keyboards, phones throughout the day.
- Arrive 1st / 2nd day from washday. No wearing it up and no brushing them out! We need them detangled, but they still need to be as curly as you can do it on your own. With your regular products in.
This all help us see your curl pattern, how they shape your face and how you do it on your own. And for our trademark Dry-Cut Curly technique service we start the shape/cut when they are dry and curly which also helps us be electrically clear of your spring factor and ensuring never too much gets taken off.
If your also coming in for a colour service, 2nd day wash is best, just limit the amount of oil/butters or hard casting gels you use as well. This helps ensure you receive the ultimate effect in your colour.
- When performing our Dry-Cut Curly, as always, we will start the service with curls dry and in their natural, wavy/curly/super curly state. When performing colour services for wavy/curly/super curly hair, this also allows for consistency in application.
Density: We get it! Volume in wavy, curly and super curly hair is always a given for us! Now, if you are indeed blessed with loads of density, then we do need to account for some extra time. Additional time that’s needed in the styling, in the drying, or in the shaping/cut, or time to apply the product that’s used. Depending on that additional time there is an added cost of $16-$64.
Detangling: It does come down again that we need to look at the time it takes. For us? A couple of tangles is absolutely normal for our wavy, curly, super curly guests and so we totally get that! We want to be upfront! We want to have you avoid any additional cost (and avoid the time that we would have to unexpectedly manage in keeping your appointment on time, and any guest after you). So yes, we ultimately encourage you to come in as tangle-free as possible. For little ones, parents can add a couple of loose braids/twists after conditioning/detangling the night before the appointment. If your curls do happen to be very tangled, then there is an additional cost of $16-$64 for detangling.
Additional Questions & Answers
1. Your Question: With the recent lifting of the mask mandate, could I possibly still ask that my Stylist please wear a mask for my upcoming visit?
Answer: After more than 2 long years of the pandemic, our team is also working ourselves back towards the “old normal”, and so we totally get it where some guests are at as well.
That’s why over this next month or so into March/April, even though there is no longer a requirement to wear masks, if we have a guest like yourself who on this upcoming next visit would like their Stylist to wear a mask — we will 🙂 Just confirm back that is what you would appreciate for this upcoming visit, and we will give your Stylist a little heads up.
2. Your Question: How long do you think it will take for you to connect with me with an online booking or an email…
Answer: Quickly! Our commitment is 24-48hrs, please feel confident you do not need to send a subsequent request as we promise to connect back with everyone.
3. Your Question: I have an upcoming appointment that I would like change/move/cancel…
Answer: Send us a quick email with your request and please include which salon location in the subject.
4. Your Question: What is your pricing for services…
Answer: Check our Service Page on our website for our pricing menu.
5. Your Question: Are you answering phone calls/reviewing voicemails…
Answer: Our guests have now continued to experience that we are super responsive and super communicative via email instead and we will continue that. We will definitely also make a call out when needed.
6. Your Question: Are you booking children?
Answer: We sure are!
7.Your Question: Remind / Share with me what you do for Curls?
Answer: Check-in with our About Us page & our Service page on our website! Read up on what we do and how we do it differently for all our Wavy, Curly and Super Curlies who are embracing their most authentic selves!