COVID 19 – CA Salon Protocol
(What to expect? How to Prepare for Appointments?)
In response to Friday Oct 23, 2021 Provincial announcement:
Though our industry has not had a capacity mandate in place for a while, we have always had the continued social distancing mandate, which is why we have our barriers, we still lock doors to control how many in the salon (do temperature checks, sanitize, wear masks, all our COVID protocols as outlined below)
At this time, will continue to proceed with calm and caution.
We will make no changes to our Protocols below, everything will remain the same.
On January 17, 2022, it is projected that all mandates/requirements will be lifted (except for mask-wearing).
On March 28, 2022, it is projected ALL public health mandates/requirements will be lifted including masks.
Being one of the Hardest/Longest Hit Industries in Ontario, we all will remain vigilant in our existing safety protocols both at work and at home, and we will all remain our very most awesome selves.
Effective as of July 6th, 2021: Created & Updated for Our Customers, from our government guidelines.
Together as a Team, we will continue to hold safety for all as a priority!
It has been a very long haul, yet we are so super excited to get back to what we love most and to what we do best in our wonderful curly hair mecca of salons. We look forward to hearing again your stories, to share our strong held passion we have for all your curls and to make that ongoing difference by passionately embracing all of our most authentic selves.
We outline ahead the re-opening dates for our salons. We also share upfront that we appreciate the support and adherence to our salon protocols with each visit.
See you all very soon!
Toronto, Vaughan, Pickering, Brampton
Will Re-OPEN for Services on Tuesday July 6th, 2021
We thank everyone for the consistent messages of support and encouragement and would like to in turn share a token of sincere appreciation …..
- For all our valued EXISTING customers, during your first visit back (regardless if you had a pre-booked appointment or not) we will be honouring a $20.00 gift credit towards your returning service
- For all NEW customers – we are excited to meet you as well. If you have been referred by an existing customer of ours, remember to share that in your online booking and receive a $10.00 credit towards your first service with us.
*Not to be used with any other promotional offers
The health and safety of you, as well as that of our team, remains our top priority. We continue and will be abiding by expectations laid out for our Industry by the Public Health Ontario guidelines(PSS), Provincial announcements and those that have always been laid out in the guidelines by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU).
The following is The Curl Ambassadors Covid 19 Salon Protocol: HOW to be prepared for appointments.
Roles For Our Clients
We will do everything that is in our power to provide the best and most safe service as we did in the past while delivering our experience. Your help is needed as well during these continued times. Please read when coming in for each appointment.
- Please arrive only 5 minutes early. When you do arrive for your appointment, we ask that all our guests to remain just outside the salons. As such, we will not be using our customer waiting area’s. We may be able to invite you in, to our front entrance space. If you are driving to us, help by awaiting in your vehicles as we will call your cell.
- Please do not bring any family, extra guests as they will not be able to enter the salon due to adherence to capacity limitations.
- A member of our Team will also call (ensure your cell # is updated with us if it has changed.) to let you know when your Stylist is ready for you to come into the salon.
- No Masks = NO Service – Continues to be very critical. You will be required to bring and wear a mask. Please have your mask on when you enter the building. Please wear a mask that is comfortable for you, for colour appointments ensure that your mask is disposable as we may not be able to avoid getting colour product on it.
- Signs are posted on our outside DOORS, please read and commit before entering.
1. I do not have a cough, fever, difficulty in breathing within the past 72 hours
2. I have not been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms in the past 14 days?
3. I am not living with anyone who is sick with Covid or quarantined?
*** We will then come out to our entrance ways to greet you. We will ask you if you confirmed above is correct. You will have your temperature read, confirmed your mask is on and You will be asked to use hand sanitizer and then we will guide you into the salon. You will also be asked to hand sanitize before you leave and you are welcome to use throughout the service or to wash your hands with soap at our washroom basin.
- We ask that you limit personal items brought into your appointment to a cell phone, a small handbag or form of payment. Please no food or beverages and avoid a jacket/sweater if possible.
- When performing haircuts, as always, we will start the service with curls dry. Ensure you arrive with your Curls on a 1st or 2nd day wash, down and detangled. We will then wash/condition after your dry-cut/shaping and dry.
- Please bring debit/credit card including for gratuities as there is NO-CASH handling. (Amex is not accepted) We will not be offering Magazines/Beverages or our Jelly Beans ☹.
- Product Purchases: See the following Q&A section regarding product related questions.
- #Builditbackbetter! One of the continued positive things happening during this ongoing crisis is the global strides that has been made in keeping the environment cleaner/pollution down. So please, dispose of your masks or any gloves directly in the bins found just outside each salon!
Roles for us at each Salon
- At the start of each day our team will have temperatures read with a no-touch thermometer.
- We have had to scale our shifts and having a maximum number of individuals in salons.
- We will help keep clients at a safe distance from each other and we will wear masks.
- We will wash our hands/use sanitizer before and after each client.
- We will be social distancing ourselves during our own lunch and breaks in our break-out area’s and taking other safety measures for each other as a team.
- Our team is updated and received additional communication and training on disinfecting/sanitation practices, workplace safety; including Covid 19 Barbicide Certification, IPAC (Infection Prevention and Control) training and WHIMIS training.
- Our Stylists will sanitize the wash stations, their scissors, their combs, their tools after each use and sanitize their stations and chairs before each client leaves.
- Our team will continue to use one fresh cape and towel for each client.
- We will frequently sanitize all used surfaces, such as countertops, door handles, tabletops, chairs, merchant transaction machines, computers, mice, and keyboards, phones throughout the day.
- To keep the flow of salon in a safe manner we will have product and next appointment conversations while our clients are still in chair. Please ensure you pre-book your next appointment.
- We will not be receiving any walk-ins for services or for retail. However email us your request as we do have a curbside option in place.
- Touchless Greetings and Goodbyes. Still tough! Yet we will not be shaking hands or hugging during this time.
Additional Questions & Answers
- Had existing appointment bookings, requesting appointments
- Pricing on services, or colour formula’s
- Product ordering, product pickup, product pricing
- Needing Tips
1. Your Question: How are you communicating with me regarding above type of questions?
Answer: With just about seven months of catch up, at this time, so that we remain most efficient for you, we are NOT taking any phone calls or phone messages. We will be putting all efforts in working with one communication platform, being email only, for all questions and bookings.
2. Your Question: I had an appointment scheduled during the last shut down….
Answer: We will be taking a slightly different approach from previous lockdowns as we had to find a way to honour pre-booked appointments yet effectively manage the workload from these past lockdowns, so we will be contacting pre-booked appointments up to 3 months following shutdowns.
For clients who had pre-existing appointments during the below dates will be reaching out in sequence. We will call you! If we happen to miss you, we will immediately send you a text and save you a spot for you to confirm back. Then, closer to your appointment, count on us to send you a regular automated email-reminder and then text-reminder.
Clients who had Pre-existing appointments during these dates will be automatically rebooked:
- Harbord & Brampton: Nov 23rd to March 23rd
- Vaughan & Pickering: April 2nd to July 2nd
3. Your Question: I did NOT have an appointment during the shutdown, yet I have sent a request for an appointment “OR will be sending a request for an appointment…
Answer: We certainly look forward to having you! We will respond to all requests for new bookings once we quickly handle the existing rescheduling appointments. Any requests for new bookings we will also be responding in order of when we receive them. So please feel confident you do NOT need to re-send a request as we promise to connect back with everyone.
4. Your Question: How long do you think it will take for you to connect with me…
Answer: During normal times, our commitment was 24-48hrs, YET at this time, we ask to please be patient with us as we will have a little longer turnaround time, as again, we are connecting in sequential order for fairness. This time around, we have put in some efficiencies, and we have additional shifts to help with the booking process.
5. Your Question: I have an upcoming appointment that I would like change/move/cancel…
Answer: Please email us your request. Currently, we are NOT taking any phone calls or phone messages. To service all more effectively we will be putting all efforts in working with the email platform only. We have already started, and we commit to connecting with all.
6. Your Question: What is your pricing for services…
Answer: Check our Service Page on our website as we will be posting our pricing very soon, if you still have a question don’t hesitate to reach out and send us a quick email.
7. Your Question: Are you booking children?
Answer: We sure are! If you feel comfortable that they will be good left on their own with us as we continue to require to meet social distancing capacity limits.
8. Your Question: I had a product that I have been waiting to pick-up, OR I wanted to purchase a product, OR wanted pricing on product…
Answer: For sure! Send us an email and we will answer all questions and we are also arranging curbside pick up.
9. Your Question: Remind / Share with me what you do for Curls?
Answer: Check-in with our About Us page and our Service page on our website! Read up on what we do and how we do it differently for all our Wavy, Curly and Super Curlies who are embracing their most authentic selves!