COVID 19 – CA Salon Protocol
(What to expect? How to Prepare for Appointments?)
Created & updated for and by our staff, our customers, as per our government guidelines.
We are super excited to get back to what we love most and to what we do best in our wonderful curly hair Mecca of salons. We have been longing to hear your stories, to share our strong held passion we have for all your curls and to make that ongoing difference by passionately embracing all of our most authentic selves.
We outline ahead the re-opening dates of our locations based on the Provincial announcements. We also share upfront that we so appreciate all for supporting and adhering to our salon protocols with each visit.
See you all very soon!
Harbord Salon & Brampton Salon
OPENING for services on Monday, April 12, 2021.
OPENED for Services on Thursday February 26, 2021
OPENED for services on Thursday, February 18, 2021.
The health and safety of you, as well as that of our team, remains our top priority. We will continue to follow the Public Health Ontario guidelines, and those that have always been laid out in the guidelines by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities (MTCU) coupled with input from our staff and clients.
The following is The Curl Ambassadors Salon Protocol / How to be prepared for appointments.
Roles For Our Clients
We will do everything that is in our power to provide the best and most safe service as we did in the past while delivering our experience. We need your help as well during this time. Please read the below points when coming in for each appointment.
- Please arrive only 5 minutes early. When you arrive for your appointment, you have to remain just outside the salons. We will not be using our ‘customer waiting area’. We may be able to invite you into our front entrance space. If you are driving to us, help by awaiting in your vehicles as we will call your cell.
- Please do not bring any family, extra guests as they will not be able to enter the salon.
- A member of our team will also call (ensure your cell # is updated with us if it has changed) to let you know when your stylist is ready for you to come into the salon.
- No Masks = NO Service – Continues to be very critical at this time. You will be required to bring and wear a mask. Please have your mask on when you enter the building. Please wear a mask that is comfortable for you, for colour appointments ensure your mask is disposable as we may not avoid getting colour product on it.
- Signs are posted on our outside DOORS. Please read and commit before entering.
1. I do not have a cough, fever, difficulty in breathing within the past 72 hours
2. I have not been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms in the past 14 days
3. I am not living with anyone who is sick with Covid or quarantined
*** We will then come out to our entranceways to greet you. We will ask you if you confirmed the above is correct. You will have your temperature read, confirmed your mask is on and you will be asked to use sanitizer, and then we will guide you into the salon.
- We ask that you limit personal items brought into your appointment to a cell phone, a small handbag, or form of payment. Please no food or beverages and avoid a jacket/sweater if possible.
- When performing haircuts, as always, we will start the service with curls dry. Ensure you arrive with your Curls on a 1st or 2nd-day wash, down and detangled. We will then wash/condition after your dry-cut/shaping.
- Please bring a debit/credit card including for gratuities as there is no-cash handling. (Amex is not accepted) And at this time, we will not be offering magazines/beverages or our Jelly Beans ☹
- Product Purchases: See the following Q&A section regarding product-related questions.
- Build it back better! One of the positive things happening during the crisis is the global strides that have been made in keeping the environment cleaner/pollution down. So please, dispose of your masks or any gloves directly in the bins found just outside each salon!
Our Roles At Each Salon
- At the start of each day, our team will have temperatures read with a no-touch thermometer.
- We have scaled our shifts and having a maximum number of individuals in salons.
- We will help keep clients at a safe distance from each other and we will wear masks.
- We will wash our hands/use sanitizer before and after each client.
- We will be social distancing ourselves during our own lunch and breaks and our break-out rooms and taking other safety measures for each other as a team.
- Our team is updated and received additional communication and training on disinfecting/sanitation practices, including COVID-19 Barbicide Certification.
- Our stylists will sanitize the wash stations, their scissors, their combs, their tools after each use and sanitize their stations and chairs before each client leaves.
- Our team will continue to use one fresh cape and towel for each client.
- We will frequently sanitize all used surfaces, such as countertops, door handles, tabletops, chairs, computers, mice, and keyboards, phones throughout the day and customers will have a sanitizing wipe to use before each merchant transaction when paying.
- To keep the flow of the salon safe, we will have product and next appointment conversations while our clients are still in chairs. Please ensure you pre-book your next appointment.
- We will not be receiving any walk-ins for services or for retail. Email us and we do have a curbside option in place.
- Touchless greetings and goodbyes. As hard as this will be for all of us, we will not be shaking hands or hugging during this time.
Additional Questions & Answers
- Had existing appointment bookings, requesting new appointments
- Pricing on services, or colour formula’s
- Product ordering, product pickup, product pricing
- Needing Tips
1. Your Question: How are you communicating with me regarding the above type of questions?
Answer: At this time, we are NOT taking any phone calls or phone messages. We will be putting all efforts into working with one communication platform, being email only, for all questions.
2. Your Question: I had an appointment scheduled during the shut down….
Answer: We will be vigorously reaching out in sequence to reschedule ALL guests who had missed their prebooked appointments during the lockdown. We will call you! If we miss you, we will immediately send you an email and save you a spot! —-Feel assured, you do NOT need to contact us again, as we will be connecting with YOU.
3. Your Question: I did NOT have an appointment during the shutdown, yet I have sent a request for an appointment or will be sending a request for an appointment.
Answer: We certainly look forward to having you! We will respond to all requests for new bookings once we quickly handle the existing rescheduling appointments we had during our closure. For any requests for new bookings, we will respond in order of when we receive them. We are handling all requests in order, feel confident you do NOT need to re-send a request as we promise to connect with ALL.
4. Your Question: How long do you think it will take for you to connect with me since you are going to be emailing me?
Answer: We usually reach out within 24-48hrs, YET at this time, please be patient with us as we will have a little longer turnaround time as we are connecting in sequential order for fairness. You do NOT need to resend the request, as we definitely will connect.
5. Your Question: I have an upcoming appointment that I would like to change/move/cancel.
Answer: Please email us your request. At this time, we are NOT taking any phone calls or phone messages. To service all more effectively, we will put all efforts into working with the email platform only. We have started and we commit to connecting with all.
6. Your Question: What is your pricing for services?
Answer: Send us a quick email with any pricing questions.
7. Your Question: Is there a decrease in cost if we do not wash our hair? If we do not want a styling product?
Answer: There is no decrease in pricing. Yet we appreciate your personal choice during these times and as an acknowledgment through this COVID-19 stage, $10 will be added towards the next visit.
8. Your Question: I am an existing colour customer, will you be able to give me my colour formula just in case I cannot get into a colour appointment with you soon?
Answer: We have never been able to give out formulas or levels as we are bound by an integrity agreement to our CHI colour line partners.
9. Your Question: Are you booking children?
Answer: We sure are! As long as you feel comfortable that they will be good left on their own with us as we need to meet the social distancing requirements.
10. Your Question: I had a product that I have been waiting to pick-up, OR I wanted to purchase a product, OR wanted the price on a product.
Answer: For sure! Send us an email and we will answer all questions and we are also arranging curbside pick up. In the near future, we are also complimenting our curbside pickup by implementing an online order and prepayment process via our website.
11. Your Question: I need your guidance/tips with my curls or with colour application.
Answer: At this time, we are not able to handle any tip questions. Education is definitively a key value of ours, so we very much look forward to connecting with you and helping for sure! Yet again, bear with us as we just need to get to handling our service requests. PLUS ! We continue to explore some service options that we can offer virtually. So, stay tuned!
12. Your Question: Remind/share with me what you do for curls.
Answer: Check-in with our About Us page and our Service page on our website! Read up on what we do and how we do it differently for all our Wavy, Curly, and Super Curlies who are embracing their most authentic selves! For those that have been with us, take a peek again at your CA Curl Care Plan!