CA – New Salon Protocol
(What to expect …How to Prepare for Appointments)
Created for and by: Our Staff, Our Customers and from our government guidelines.
Yes! We sure are very excited and grateful to be back at what we love to do best. We have missed you all and all your wonderful curls!!
We would like to express a deep appreciation for all the supportive messages we continue to receive during these very different times. And we also would like to acknowledge and apologize that since our salons shutdown on March 19th , we did have a system glitch that did not stop some of our auto-emails or texts which we know caused some confusion.
Vaughan Salon: open on Tuesday June 23 – Yeh!!
Pickering Salon: open on Wednesday June 24 – Yeh!!
And then …
Harbord Salon: open on Friday June 26 – Yeh!!
Brampton Salon : open Saturday June 27 – Yeh!!
- With the following information, we ask that you read in detail for each appointment service you now come in for during this new normal. Our government waited to launch salons into phase 2, lets now all do our very best to continue to flatten and eliminate the curve.
- Please ALSO look at the Q&A below regarding rebooking / booking appointments/ Product inquiries and other questions we have captured from all of you
These will be our enhancements/changes we have put in place as our first phase back approach due to the COVID-19 virus. We will continue to ask for input, and we will update all on any future phase changes. Protocols may change as the Covid 19 crisis is continuously evolving.
The health and safety of you, as well as that of our team, remains our top priority. We will continue to follow the Public Health Ontario guidelines, and those that have always been laid out in the guidelines by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) coupled with input from our staff and clients. The following will be The Curl Ambassadors NEW Salon Protocol / How to be prepared for appointments.
Roles for our Clients:
We will do everything that is in our power to provide the best and most safe service as we did in the past while delivering our experience. Your help is needed as well during this time. Please read when coming in for each appointment.
- Please arrive only 5 minutes early. When you do arrive for your appointment, we ask that all our guests to remain just outside the salons. As such, we will not be using our customer waiting area’s. We may be able to invite you in, to our front entrance space. Please await to be approached.
- Please do not bring any family, extra guests as they will not be able to enter the salon.
- A member of our Team will also call (ensure your cell # is updated with us if it has changed.) to let you know when your Stylist is ready for you to come into the salon.
- No Masks = NO Service – Continues to be very critical at this time. You will be required to bring and wear a mask. Please have your mask on when you enter the building. Please wear a mask that is comfortable for you, for colour appointments ensure that your mask is disposable as we may not be able to avoid getting colour product on it.
- Signs are posted on our outside DOORS, please read and commit before entering;
1. I do not have a cough, fever, difficulty in breathing within the past 72 hours
2. I have not been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms in the past 14 days?
3. I am not living with anyone who is sick with Covid or quarantined?
*** Then upon entering the salon, we will ask you if you confirmed above is correct. You will have your temperature read, confirmed your mask is on and You will be asked to use sanitizer.
- We ask that you limit personal items brought into your appointment to a cell phone, a small handbag or form of payment. Please no food or beverages and avoid a jacket/sweater if possible.
- When performing haircuts, as always, we will start the service with curls dry. Ensure you arrive with your Curls on a 1st or 2nd day wash, down and detangled. We will then wash/condition after your dry-cut/shaping.
- NO Drying: At this time, we will NOT dry your curls. (please bring scrunchie or hair cover to go home if you would like to leave with curls up/bring your clips to lift at root if you like or our clips can still be purchased) (Check the following Q&A section for more info)
- Please bring debit/credit card including for gratuities as there is no-cash handling. (Amex is not accepted) And at this time, we will not be offering Magazines/Beverages or our Jelly Beans ☹
- Product Purchases: See the following Q&A section regarding product related questions.
- #Build it back better! One of the positive things happening during the crisis is the global strides that has been made in keeping the environment cleaner/pollution down. So please, dispose of your masks or any gloves directly in the bins found just outside each salon!
Roles for us at each Salon:
- At the start of each day our team will have temperatures read with a no-touch thermometer.
- We are scaling our shifts and having a maximum number of individuals in salons.
- We will help keep clients at a safe distance from each other and we will wear masks.
- We will wash our hands/use sanitizer before and after each client.
- No Drying. No Stylist is permitted to use blow dryer/hooded dryer/hot tools due to potential airborne spread. With the exception for colour services when required. We will then be washing/conditioning and then applying product.
- We will be social distancing ourselves during our own lunch and breaks and our break-out rooms and taking other safety measures for each other as a team.
- Our team is updated and received additional communication and training on disinfecting/sanitation practices, including Covid 19 Barbicide Certification.
- Our Stylists will sanitize the wash stations, their scissors, their combs, their tools after each use and sanitize their stations and chairs before each client leaves.
- Our team will continue to use one fresh cape and towel for each client.
- We will frequently sanitize all used surfaces, such as countertops, door handles, tabletops, chairs, computers, mice, and keyboards, phones throughout the day and customers will have a sanitizing wipe to use before each merchant transaction when paying.
- To keep the flow of salon in a safe manner we will have product and next appointment conversations while our clients are still in chair. Please ensure you pre-book your next appointment.
- We will not be receiving any walk-ins for services or for retail.
- Touchless Greetings and Goodbyes. As hard as this will be for all of us, we will not be shaking hands or hugging during this time.
Services being performed at this time:
As we balance meeting the additional safety needs of our Customers and our Team, yet much more significantly balancing the additional cost of doing business in this “new normal”, we will continue to be upfront with our Customers. In respect to pricing, there will be no additional “COVID surcharge”, we have increased our pricing by $5.00 to all services, and at this time we will not be drying. There remains an additional cost if you are blessed with density. There remains an extra charge if not detangled.
Types of Services we will perform include:
Curly-Doo™️ service, our Dry-Cut Curly™️ service, and our Colour Services.
NOTE: NO Blow Dry for any services (please bring scrunchie or hair cover to go home if you would like to leave with curls up/bring your clips to lift at root if you like or our clips can still be purchased)
- For the Dry-Cut Curly™️ service, as always come in with Curls down and detangled, on a 1 st or 2nd day washed. (max no exceptions). We need to see their definition and how they currently frame your face.
NOTE: We will not be offering our Dry-Dusting™️ service on any first initial visit back. Yet this popular trademark service of ours will be available as normal to our existing Customers on any subsequent service dates in-between their Dry-Cut Curly™️ services. At this time, we will not be applying any heat to our Treatment services; instead, customers will have the option of leaving-in moisture treatments to-go (not Protein based treatments).
Each service will include:
- Our Consultation
- Our Dry-Cut and/or Colour Service (as booked). Come in with waves/curls/coils down and detangled, on 1 st or 2nd day washed (max). (no exceptions). We need to see their definition and how they currently frame your face.
- We will Wash / Condition
- Then our cross-check (for our Dry-Cut Curly™️ service)
- Apply styling product on wet curls and scrunch out excess moisture
- No Drying (we can’t wait to get back to this one for sure! We will POST when we are!)
- And of course, we will continue to provide Curl Education throughout the service that will help our Clients.
Additional Questions & Answers
Over and above our Covid safety protocol, there is the following Q&A that has been captured based on additional questions you have been asking us;
- had existing appointment bookings, requesting new appointments
- pricing on services, or colour formula’s
- product ordering, product pickup, product pricing
- needing Tips
1. Your Question: How are you communicating with me regarding above type of questions?
Answer: At this time, we are NOT taking any phone calls or phone messages. We will be putting all efforts in working with one communication platform, being email only, for above questions.
2. Your Question: I had an appointment that I had cancelled leading up to the shutdown OR I had an appointment scheduled during the shut down….
Answer: We will be vigorously reaching out in sequence to reschedule ALL guests who had cancelled or missed their appointment from March 14th leading up to the closure on March 21st OR those that we were able to proactively reach out to and rescheduled due to the shut down. OR any customers who had appointments while we were shutdown. Look out for our email for re-booking! —-Feel assured, you do NOT need to contact us again, as we will be connecting with YOU.
3. Your Question: I did NOT have an appointment during the shutdown, yet I have sent a request for an appointment or will be sending a request for appointment…
Answer: We certainly look forward to having you! We will respond to all requests for new bookings once we handle the existing rescheduling appointments we had during our closure. Any requests for new bookings will also then will be responding in order of when we receive them. We are handling all requests in order, feel confident you do NOT need to re-send a request as we promise to connect with ALL.
4. Your Question: How long do you think it will take for you to connect with me since you are going to be emailing me…
Answer: We usually reach out within 24-48hrs, YET at this time, please be patient with us as we will have a longer turnaround time as we are connecting in sequential order for fairness. You do NOT need to resend the request, as we definitely will connect.
5. Your Question: I have an upcoming appointment that I would like change/move/cancel…
Answer: Please email us your request. At this time, we are NOT taking any phone calls or phone messages. To service all more effectively we will be putting all efforts in working with the email platform only. We have started and we commit to connecting with all.
6. Your Question: What is your pricing for services…
Answer: Please check our website Services page as it will be updating with pricing in next few days.
7. Your Question: No “Covid surcharge” yet there is an increase to pricing. …
Answer: This is not a temporary price increase as it is not significantly related to costs being incurred for PPE’s. More specifically, the current CEBA program lends itself to significantly assist a small business/one location salon, that has had the many struggles as it relates to loss financially, during these times. With a small business like ours that has four locations–that is supported by the one CEBA program for the umbrella of all four salons, there are difficulties in achieving a recovery with an unknown timeframe. We are grateful for the CEBA program, as are many consumers, families and all other small business industries for all the recoveries that are in place. We forge forward and we will be looking at varying initiatives that will require us to be humble yet confident in helping us steer ahead—and without doubt we still will remain consistent in delivering the same experience that our Customers have come to love. We will continue to listen and care about what is important to all our Curlies, and build on the trust they have in us to do the right thing as we know then the right thing happens. Over this next new chapter, you can also count on that we will ALSO have a refreshed commitment at looking at many more experiences that will excite You and our Team.
8. Your Question: Is there a decrease in cost if we do not wash our hair? If we do not want styling Product? And is there a decrease in cost since you are not blow drying at this time?
Answer: Currently, there is no decrease in pricing. (And let’s say it loudly! “We ALL so definitely can’t wait to be drying those Curls again!!” And we definitely will, when all are feeling a little more safer/more assured. It will be POSTED when we are back at it. As a thank you for bearing with us $10 is being added to all Customer accounts who came in during our no drying period that they can apply to their next Dry-Cut Curly, Colour, or Curly-Doo service. We have also been asked what the reasoning for no drying is. We have listened to Epidemiology experts who have shared that drying could potentially blow airborne COVID-19 droplets around our shared space. We are grateful to have been brought back to do what we love most, and as we ease into the 2nd phase, we want to do our part in any way we can to demonstrate that our industry has a commitment to the safety of our Customers and our Team as we all initially transition through this stage.
9. Your Question: I am an existing Colour Customer; will you be able to give me my colour formula just in case I cannot get into a Colour appointment with you soon…
Answer: We have never been able to give out formula’s or levels as we are bound by an integrity agreement to our CHI colour line partners. YET, at this time, we are working out a NEW service for our existing Colour Customers. An @Home Roots ONLY Colour Kit! Stay tuned. Hang tight. As soon as it is available, we will POST and communicate it as an option.
10. Your Question: Are you booking children?
Answer: We sure are! As long as you feel comfortable that they will be good left on their own with us as we need to meet the social distancing requirements.
11. Your Question: I had a product that I have been waiting to pick-up, OR I wanted to purchase a product, OR wanted pricing on product…
Answer: At this time, we are not handling any product questions, bear with us as we just need a couple of weeks or so after opening, so that we can first start handling our service requests. AND stay tuned! As we are getting exciting about launching a NEW product handling service. As soon as it is available, we will POST and communicate it as well.
12. Your Question: I need your guidance/tips with my Curls or with Colour application…
Answer: At this time, we are not able to handle any tip questions. Education is definitively a key value of ours, so we very much look forward to connecting with you and helping for sure! Yet again, bear with us as we just need to get to handling our service requests. PLUS stay tuned! As we are launching a NEW service that will help our Curlies far and wide! As soon as it this available, we will POST and communicate it as well.
13. Your Question: Remind / Share with me what you do for Curls?
Answer: Check-in with our About Us page and our Service page on our website! PLUS! We will be adding more that that will give you a further feel on what we do and how we do it differently for all our Curlies — Wavy, Curly, and Super Curly!